Become an Advertiser

King John's Castle, Co. Limerick


The Castle was built between 1200 and 1210 and was repaired and extended many times in the following centuries. The interpretative center at the Castle contains an imaginative historical exhibition which tells the story of the Castle. Archaeological excavations have revealed Pre Norman settlements and evidence from the traumatic siege of 1642. The courtyard and the Castle display some of the trades and traditions of the 16th century. The Castle offers panoramic views of Limerick city and the surrounding countryside.

Location: Limerick City

Season: All Year

Opening Times:
Low Season: 09.30-16.30 (Last admission 15.30)
High Season: 09.30-17.30 (Last admission 16.30)
Opening Times may be subject to change.

Average Visit Length: 1/2 hours

Entrance Fees:
Adult: €9.00
Child: €5.25
Peak Season Family: €20.60 (2A + 2C), €21.60 (2A + 4C)

Guided Tours: Self-guiding tour. Literature available in English

Audio Visual: Seating: 110. Duration: 15 minutes. Languages: English

Shop: Souvenirs, books and crafts

Information Guide: English, French, German, Italian & Spanish

Coach Parking: Yes

Car Parking: Yes

Disabled Toilet: Yes

Address: King's Island, Nicholas St, Limerick.
Contact Number: + 353 061 411 201
Fax Number: + 353 061 361 020
Website URL:

Lift/Elevator  Disabled Parking  Toilet  Fully Accessible  

Please fill this field in ONLY if you're not human:

Accessible Ireland, Dublin, Ireland | CRO: 322454 | VAT: IE9755454H

Join us on Facebook Join us on Twitter Join us on LinkedIn